Following the “first reveal” of the new, Center Parcs, Elveden Forest family water ride, below is a quick video clip and latest images showing the construction “story so far”.
Edmond Shipway are appointed as Project Managers and Cost Consultants on the £4 million project. The ride is called the “Tropical Cyclone” and sees two award-winning rides joined together for the very first time, the TORNADOTM and the BehemothBOWLTM. This will be the first water ride of its kind, anywhere in the world.
Tropical Cyclone Stats and Facts
- Riders will experience this unique ride in a four-person clover-shaped raft
- The water ride can take up to 720 rafters per hour – that’s 12 per minute
- Each raft will travel up to 24mph
- The water flow of Tropical Cyclone reaches 25,000 litres per minute
- The water temperate inside the slide is heated to a tropical 30 degrees Celsius
- Rafters will experience a full 45 degree drop in the tornado funnel
- The water ride will stand at 18m tall
The new ride is due to open late November 2012 but we will have more project information in September.